the story

There once was a little girl, that lived in the forest, where the little black-berries grew. That's what she lived on. She was my best friend. My secret friend. I loved her character. Once, she invited me round to her little tree house . I told mum I was going to the films with Jenny, my school friend. She let me go, so I went to my forest friend's house. I never knew her name. I just called her my forest friend. I walked through the forest. I saw a little den like thing in the middle of the dark. There was a hole in the trees, where light shone through. In the middle, there was, a deer, either dead, or sleeping. I stroked its fur.

"Come on" said a voice, like a sweet little bird. I turned, and saw my forest friend.

"Come on. I've picked some black-berries!"

I got up and went to her tree-house. She gave me a seat, and sat down herself.

"I saw a dark hole in the ground, yesterday" she said, "It had round pearls in it. I thought it was gold. I only saw a glimpse of it. Any-way, it looked really nice! I wonder who it belongs to?"

The next day, I went into the forest, and found the deer with the crown! I told my forest friend, and she was delighted. "You've stroked the Deer of Life!"


I slept in my bed last night, thinking about the deer. I felt like going mad. I jumped out of bed, and ran to my forest friend. "Hey" I shouted, "You know that deer? Well where is it? Tell me! Please!"

"Oh. I don't know. I think she went to another place."

"Where is the other place?" I asked.

"It is the secret place in the woods! I have been there, and it was very fun!"

"Oh", I said, "I have to go".

No comments: